Make sure you know your correct body shape. find out here
Let me remind you of some of the characteristics of an oval body shape: Your body frame is generally heavy. You have a prominent, low stomach and this is where you will most likely gain most weight. Your have sloped shoulders, you also have chunky thighs, wide hips and large bust.
REMEMBER: There are different versions for every body shape. (fuller and slimmer)
The key to dressing an oval body shape is minimizing the mid-section by 'creating' a waist. Always have this in mind! :)
1.Monochromatic outfits work wonders for this body type. Sticking to the same color on the top and the bottom lengthens and slims down the whole silhouette. Have fun with it by trying different shades of the different colors.
2. If you are on the fuller end, make good use of dark colors (not necessarily black) to create the illusion of a slimmer look.
3. Elongate the upper part of your body. V-necks do this perfectly. Try to go for the perfect fit. NEVER go for tops that are too tight. you can try loose tops but make sure you add a belt to the top to avoid looking baggy. Belts create a slimming effect around the waist therefore, 'creating' a 'visible' waist!
4. Try an empire-waist shirt that draws attention away from the stomach region.
5. Go for dresses with 'A-line' skirts.
6. Use a lot of colorful accessories like statement necklaces, embellishments, earrings and camisoles. These will help to more focus attention on these areas.
7. To make you hips look more in-line with your bust, go for shirts or blouses that stop at the fullest part of your hips!
8. Avoid tapered and tight bottoms like skinnies. If you would like to put on skinnies, your top/blouse should be long and slightly loose to create a slimming effect.
9. Go for boot-cut or wide-legged bottoms. This helps to create a long and lean look.
10. Go for wide necklines and off-the-shoulder blouses and dresses.
11. DON'T wear slim miniskirts, this will make you seems a lot heavier than you really are; wear shirts than are lower than your waist to avoid creating the 'muffin-top'.
12. The best accessories you can possibly have are great and eye-catching pairs of shoes.
If you have any questions or would like to add anything, Please post it in the comment section!! :)
Have a great day! :)
Check out this website to calculate your body shape if you're still not sure.