12.7.13

My Summer Must-Haves... And Why

Grab your coffee: This is gonna be a long post. I couldn't stop typing.

It's quite difficult knowing exactly what to bring out for the Summer season until you experience the heat on your skin yourself, at least that's what it is for me. For me, the most important factor I consider whenever I get ready to go out in this huge microwave is comfort. I could care less about what I look like when I'm indoors, so I just lounge around in my nighty (YES!) or some t-shirt and huge sweatpants plus a pair of different coloured/patterned ankle socks.

So, now that we've experienced some of the hot Summer weather even though it's not very stable, I can confidently pin-point some items that are definite must-haves for the crazy weather.

1. Maxi Skirt

I'm not the kind of girl who likes to show off legs/thighs/skin. As a matter of fact, if you ever see me in anything that does not cover up to my knee or a couple of inches above, then best know that I had to stir up a lot of confidence and have a lecture/counselling session with myself before making that decision, so please don't kill that vibe. As a result, I love anything maxi. I prefer maxi skirts to maxi dresses because they are obviously more versatile. You could play around with maxi dresses too but you would have to layer, but in this 40 degree heat, layering isn't exactly what I would love to be engaging in.


2. Loose Fitted Tank Top/Any Tank Top

Honestly, these tops have been saving me all summer long. Just pair them with something more comfy like shorts/skinnies on the bottom, and you're set. They can also be very versatile. For example: You could wear a very loose low cut tank and have on a stylish bandeau beneath it, then pair it with a flowy maxi skirt/shorts/boyfriend jeans. They come in all sorts of styles, lengths and colors, so it's always fun trying to mix and match them.


3. Single Sole Heels
Be it sandals or pumps, single sole heels are a definite must have for Summer - trust me.  I know wedges are the rage for Summer but honestly, I'd rather have something light on my feet that some heavy block because I barely have any energy to even lift up my feet to walk in all this heat.

Apart from the fact that single soles are on trend, they can also be very comfy and make a simple outfit look so chic in the blink of an eye. These shoes can be very tricky to shop for. These days, there's so many of them. I can't even stress the 'so' much. There's the ones that look so cheap and tacky, there are the stripper looking ones, there are the really high scary leg-breaking looking ones, then there's the normal acceptable looking ones, and then the fancy/creative looking ones which tend to be annoyingly super-expensive. There's a whole range of styles to choose from plus they go with everything. Just make sure you try 'em one and walk around in them or read lots of reviews before you purchase one.


4. A Lightweight White T-shirt/Long Sleeve Blouse
I love to wear loose clothing. I'm a firm believer that you can wear anything loose and look good instantly by adding a pair of high heels and making a few adjustments on your body. So, I'm loving loose white shirts for the summer. They're comfy, fresh, and most of all, they go with everything! Just think about it. All you need would be some minimal accessories, and an optional statement necklace. For example: Imagine a loose fitted white long sleeve blouse paired with denim skinnies + a nice pair of single sole sandals/pumps + some nice sunglasses. So simple and yet so chic.


5. A Gold Wristwatch
I read somewhere that every lady should have a gorgeous everyday gold wristwatch, and I couldn't agree more. No, no, no. I was not influenced by the writing. I have always seen the huge difference a gold wristwatch makes to every outfit. For me, it's not just wristwatches, it's gold everything. Anytime I try to shop for jewellery, I always end up picking all the gold ones. Even though I manage to get something with colour, majority of it would still be gold. I have two major gold wristwatches. One is lady-like and fitted to my wrist and the other is loose and chunky. I interchange these two more often than any other piece of jewellery I own. Actually, most times, they're the only pieces of jewellery I wear. The rest just sit there and pile up.


6. A Pair Of Cat-Eye Sunglasses
Last but definitely not least is a pair of sunglasses. Duh! This is not just any ordinary pair, but it's cat-eye. Yes, we need to protect our eyes from the scorching hot sun, but thankfully there's a more modern and fun way to look even more stylish while doing this. You can take a pair of cat-eye sunglasses to the next level buy playing with size, frame colour, and even lens colour. It definitely adds that little extra something, only this time, it's not little. It serves very much like the single sole sandals to me.


What items have you found to be your definite summer must-haves?

Xo

Kike.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful selection of clothing! I love the skirts in the first photos the most.

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeeeeeeee

    www.IslandChic77.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with cat-eye sunglasses! And I totally get what you're saying about the single soles. The really fabulous and innovative and just plain cool ones are always at ridiculous prices. Aargh! Girl problems, you feel me?

    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!